Nuchal Translucency ...
This was a long bout between grandfather/sonographer and grandkid. One was on the attack the other on the defensive. One was trying to pin one down to get a few good shots, the other was ever elusive.
We ended up taking a number of good shots to test for the possibilities of having a beautiful child with Down Syndrome.
This is hard, because I am thankful that the results were really good and the chances are 1:24500 but what if the result was 1:50 or 1:2; could we be less thankful for the wonderful gift of life? This exam is done mostly, to give the parents and heads-up and a chance to kill the baby before it comes to full term. My sonographer would never do that, but generally that is why the test is done.
I thank my God that that thought has never entered my mind. No matter what happens, no matter how healthy or deformed my baby may be, I will thank my God and be grateful for the opportunity to be a father. With that said, the baby is completely healthy as far as we can see and we are thankful, and my wife is at ease, which means I am at ease! (lol)
I was very nervous while in the room, figditing all around, touching all of the cool equipment. My dad-in-law was getting a bit irritable, I noticed because I was so unsettled, so I had to make myself settle! lol ... very hard.
The baby was waving at us, and making fists at us as well... maybe s/he was listening to us talking about him/her! But it was the cutest thing to see the baby jump around like a little crazy thing. I wonder if that's why Elizabeth felt.
So yeah ... it was exciting ... and a whole lot of other good things!
I love you Katherine, you are an amazing woman to hold and bear (bare?) my child(ren). I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment